Some Characteristics of the
Mature Intellect http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jnewell957/#Articles:
1) Asks questions
2) Answers questions
3) Does not emote nor use emotional nor colloquial terms
4) Does not interrupt
5) Uses clear, concise, logical, formal and complete English
6) Listens and learns
7) Analyses rationality of thoughts before expressing them
8) Is willing to say "I do not know"
9) Has no emotional attachment to ideas, positions, dogmas, judgments etc.
10) Understands the meaning of words used.
11) Understands some of the principles of informal and formal reasoning
12) Understands some of the informal and formal fallacies
13) Understands some of the basic principles of science
14) Gives serious consideration to everything said
15) Denies nothing without reason
16) Obeys the rules of colloquy
17) Welcomes constructive criticism
18) pays acute attention to discrepancies, anomalies and contradictions.