Six children fall ill after taking measles vaccines
MHOW: Six children had to be admitted to the Mhow civil hospital on
Wednesday afternoon after they were administered
vaccines on the school premises.
An auxiliary nursing midwife (ANM) of
Kodariya village of Mhow tehsil, accompanied by an
anganwadi worker, had gone to the
Vivekanand School to administer the measles vaccine to the school
When they were administering the vaccine to the sixth student, the first
student, on which it was administered earlier, fainted. Within minutes, the
others also turned restless.
School administration then rushed them to Mhow civil hospital.
Two of them were admitted while others were taken to a private hospital for
treatment. School teacher Kirti Chouhan told TOI that the children admitted
in the civil hospital were
Banti, son of Ram Singh, 6 and Ayushi,
daughter of Hari Singh, 5. Dr Sanjay Jain, who treated the children,
told TOI that the vaccine probably had some
toxic substance in it.
However, all the children were out of danger, Dr Jain informed.