Flu vaccine racket Swine flu vaccine Mercury
Mercury in 4 AH1N1 U.S. injectable vaccines: Fluarix, FLULAVAL, FLUVIRIN, Fluzonehttp://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm
FLUARIX, Influenza Virus Vaccine, for intramuscular injection, is a sterile colorless to slightly opalescent suspension. FLUARIX is a vaccine prepared from influenza viruses propagated in embryonated chicken eggs. Each of the influenza viruses is produced and purified separately. After harvesting the virus-containing fluids, each influenza virus is concentrated and purified by zonal centrifugation using a linear sucrose density gradient solution containing detergent to disrupt the viruses. Following dilution, the vaccine is further purified by diafiltration. Each influenza virus solution is inactivated by the consecutive effects of sodium deoxycholate and formaldehyde leading to the production of a “split virus.” Each split inactivated virus is then suspended in sodium phosphate-buffered isotonic sodium chloride solution. The vaccine is formulated from the 3 split inactivated virus solutions.
FLUARIX has been standardized according to USPHS requirements for the 2009-2010 influenza season and is formulated to contain 45 micrograms (mcg) hemagglutinin (HA) per 0.5-mL dose, in the recommended ratio of 15 mcg HA of each of the following 3 strains: A/Brisbane/59/2007, IVR-148 (H1N1), A/Uruguay/716/2007, NYMC X-175C (H3N2) (an A/Brisbane/10/2007-like virus), and B/Brisbane/60/2008.
FLUARIX is formulated without preservatives. FLUARIX does not contain thimerosal. Each 0.5-mL dose also contains octoxynol-10 (TRITON® X-100) .0.085 mg, á-tocopheryl hydrogen succinate .0.1 mg, and polysorbate 80 (Tween 80) .0.415 mg. Each dose may also contain residual amounts of hydrocortisone .0.0016 mcg, gentamicin sulfate .0.15 mcg, ovalbumin .1 mcg, formaldehyde .50 mcg, and sodium deoxycholate .50 mcg from the manufacturing process.
The tip cap and the rubber plunger of the needleless prefilled syringes contain dry natural latex rubber.
DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS--------------
• FLULAVAL is a suspension in 5-mL multi-dose vials containing 10 doses (each dose is 0.5 mL). (3)
• Each 0.5-mL dose contains 15 micrograms (mcg) of influenza virus hemagglutinin (HA) of each of the following 3 strains: A/Brisbane/59/2007, IVR-148 (H1N1), A/Uruguay/716/2007, NYMC X-175C (H3N2) (an A/Brisbane/10/2007-like virus), and B/Brisbane/60/2008. (3, 11)
• Thimerosal, a mercury derivative, is added as a preservative. Each 0.5 mL dose contains 25 mcg mercury. (3)
DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
FLUVIRIN®, a sterile suspension for intramuscular injection, is supplied in two presentations:
Prefilled syringe, 0.5-mL. Thimerosal, a mercury derivative used during manufacture, is removed by subsequent purification steps to a trace amount (. 1 mcg mercury per 0.5-mL dose). (3, 11)
Multidose vial, 5-mL. Contains thimerosal, a mercury derivative (25 mcg mercury per 0.5-mL dose). Thimerosal is added as a preservative. (3,11)
Sanofi Pasteur - Fluzone
DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
Fluzone, a sterile suspension for intramuscular injection, is supplied in four
• Prefilled syringe, 0.25 mL, no preservative, pediatric dose, distinguished
by a pink syringe plunger rod (3)
• Prefilled syringe, 0.5 mL, no preservative (3)
• Single-dose vial, 0.5 mL, no preservative (3)
• Multi-dose vial, 5 mL, contains thimerosal, a mercury derivative, added as
a preservative. Each 0.5 mL dose contains 25 mcg mercury. (3)