1. Jungeblut, C. W., and Resnick, R.: Blood Sugar Levels and Dextrose Tolerances in Experimental Poliomyelitis. American Journal of Diseases of Children, Vol. 51, p. 91, 1936.
2. du Vigneaud, V., and Karr, W. G.: Carbohydrate Utilization. Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 66, p. 281, 1925.
3. Sandler, B. P.: The Production of Neuronal Injury and Necrosis With the Virus of Poliomyelitis in Rabbits During Insulin Hypoglycemia. American Journal of Pathology, Vol. 17, P. 69, 1941.
4. McCullagh, E. P., and Johnston, C. R. K.: Manipulation of Glucose Tolerance by Diet. American Journal of Medical Sciences, Vol. 195, p. 773, 1938.
5. Editorial, Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol. 116, p.2506, May 31, 1941.
6. Levine, S. A., Gordon, B., and Derick, L.: Some Changes in the Chemical Constituents of the Blood Following a Marathon Race. Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol. 82, p. 1778, 1924.
7. McCormick, W. J.: Observations on the 1941 Outbreak of Poliomyelitis and Encephalitis in the Midwest. Medical Record, Vol. 155, p. 89, 1942.
8. Levinson. Cited in editorial, Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol. 116, P. 2506, May 31, 1941.
9. Wortis, S. B.: Respiratory Metabolism of Excised Brain Tissue. American Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 13, P. 725, 1934.
10. Shaffer, P. A.: Intermediary Metabolism of Carbohydrates. Physiological Reviews, Vol. 3, p. 394, 1923.
11. Benedict, F. G., and Carpenter, T. M.: Food Ingestion and Energy Transformation With Special Reference to the Stimulating Effects of Nutrients. Carnegie Institute of Washington Publication No. 261, 1918. 12. Soskin, S., Essex, H. E., Herrick, J. F., and Mann, F. C.: The Mechanism of Regulation of the Blood Sugar by the Liver. American Journal of Physiology, Vol. 124, p. 558, 1938.